CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc, has a unique opportunity located in our Rochester, MN business unit, with a flexible office location (St. Charles, Grand Meadow, Ostrander, Kasson, Claremont). We are looking for an individual to join the team as Logistics Manager. Come join our team and see where this exciting opportunity can take your career.
- Manage third party carrier relationships, spend, capacity and service.
- Manage CHS Rochester truck fleet including semi and LP trucks within our Energy group. Including but not limited to: Negotiating rate and contract terms, ensuring rates paid for transportation services are competitive and sourced in the best interest of CHS. Serve as subject matter expert on transportation markets and rates. Ensure that all third-party transportation relationships are profitable and accretive to business unit earnings.
- Collaborate with other CHS product line transportation and trading teams to identify and execute on truck backhaul opportunities for both third party carriers and CHS truck fleet to maximize value for CHS.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations for both CHS private truck fleet and third party carriers. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Support CHS’s Transportation and Logistics' truck carrier management strategy through negotiations, relationship management, carrier selection and CSH1 enterprise approach.
- Negotiate rates and transportation contracts with carriers, manage daily truck shipments for grain and grain products, Energy and fertilizer for FOB origin pick up and customer delivery, build long term relationships and expedite the transportation of products and troubleshooting as needed.
- Independently analyze current transportation operations practices to resolve process and cost improvement opportunities.
- Oversight and administration of the fleet preventative maintenance program.
- Monitor carrier performance/KPI’s, identify root causes, take corrective action to reverse negative trends and maintain required service levels.
- Monitor and communicate transportation rating trends to our commercial sales, trading and purchasing teams.
- Partner with both internal (commercial management and finance) and external customers (Vendors and customers) to meet the demands of the business.
- Supervise other transportation employees
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Transportation and Logistics
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
- Prefer Class A CDL
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.