CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS is looking for an Outside Sales Specialist for our Cenex® branded products in the Central UT area. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written and proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Increase sales and profitability for the cooperative through implementation of sales, marketing and consulting processes for Cenex® products and cooperative services.
- Evaluate current customer programs and develop marketing plans and programs to meet customer needs while growing the cooperative business.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, distribution, operations, technical staff and credit to heighten the visibility and impact of sales calls.
- Identify needs and provide consultative services for businesses and customers by combining established relationships with product, marketing and technical skills.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts, bids and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Provide training to co-op staff and customers.
- Service customer complaints and inquiries.
- Manage and complete special projects for the local co-op and customers.
- Develop knowledge of multiple energy products and apply this knowledge in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Training Provided by CHS:
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma (or equivalency)
- 2+ years of outside sales experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or in a related field.
Previous outside sales experience to include; presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.