CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS, Inc as an Operations Supervisor in Byron, MN today! You’ll play a crucial role in overseeing daily operations and enforcing safety rules. Other responsibilities include scheduling grain movement, plant maintenance, supervise team members, oversee and manage grain quality and make recommendations to improve safety. An ideal candidate will be able to make decisions, have good time management, and organizational skills, be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and are customer focused.
- Serve as a hands-on supervisor, overseeing all daily operations. These will include Barge loading, grain grading, dumping trucks, computer entry, grain management and elevator operations. Providing general work direction as needed to provide an efficient, safe, and reliable service to our patrons.
- Schedule grain movement to meet operational/merchandising requirements for the day: Keep track of current inventories throughout the day. Make sure we have adequate replacement parts on hand to avoid lengthy breakdowns.
- Conduct monthly plant maintenance to ensure proper operation, repairs, and preventive maintenance requirements are met. Maintain proper record keeping logs.
- Oversee and manage grain quality, and finished products (Barge grades meet required specs and outbound trucks meet specs as well).
- Enforce safety rules and administer all company and government regulations.
- Supervise team member, training for job duties, safety, equipment requirements, and quality control to ensure proper functions of assigned duties.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve existing programs in safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and hazards.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture that aligns with all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate to eliminate workplace hazards. Correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Operations and/or Business Operations
- Understanding of basic business principles of inventory management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate and lead team members
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet business needs
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to stand, sit, twist, bend, lift up to 75lbs
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up