CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS is hiring an Specialist, Accounting Senior to join its Finance team supporting the County Operations division. The Senior Accounting Specialist will generate accurate invoicing to CHS customers, perform tasks related Merchandise Inventory additions, and deliver high level customer service for CHS internal and external customers.
- With limited oversight, invoice customers for agronomy and other products
- Manage internal and external customer inquiries.
- Resolve customer payment concerns.
- Utilize electronic document file system.
- Process daily banking transactions.
- Prioritize daily workload in order to meet specified deadlines and due dates.
- Monitor daily reports and update related data as required to ensure accurate vendor payments and customer billings.
- Complete appropriate debit and credit adjustments to vendor and customer accounts.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors, customer service representatives and account managers as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with credit policy and established guidelines.
- Manage new customer account creation and manage existing account data.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Previous experience in accounting, bookeeping and interacting with internal and external customers
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Abilty to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business needs
- Associate's degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- Previous experience with Agris accounting software preferred
- Farming background or agriculture experience preferred
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.