CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations retail division. We are looking for an Agronomy Location Manager to plan and direct the marketing of the location’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
- Assist in developing budget & asset needs, manage approved operating budget.
- Communicate with location manager and appropriate personnel of consolidated group (other branch managers and department managers).
- Communicate with supervisor and appropriate divisional personnel (fertilizer marketing, farm supply, credit).
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the cooperative and CHS business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve member relations.
- Establish and implement a program for the agronomy plant to include housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards.
- Work with Location Manager on all safety and compliance issues.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent with long range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment, and personnel.
- Manage a multi-million dollar agronomy plant operation according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Supervise full and part-time operations personnel through responsible training clear job assignment definition and explanation.
- Utilize personnel and equipment within CHS to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2+ years in Production and/or Operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in Agronomy Operations or Agronomy Sales
- Supervisory experience
- Familiar with AGRIS accounting system
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.