CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Location Manager in Bladen, NE . You must be self-motivated, hard working, have good time management & organizational skills, able to make decisions, work independently, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and customer focused.
- Manage the operation of elevator according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Establish and implement a program of elevator housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards.
- Oversee the accurate weighing, grading, and quality control to include mixing, blending and moving grain.
- Monitor stored grain condition.
- Monitor the daily long/short position to effectively control grain handling, storage, and transportation capabilities.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of a cooperative and CHS business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve member relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent with long range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment, and personnel.
- Communicate with general manager and appropriate personnel of consolidated group (other branch managers and department managers).
- Communicate with supervisor and appropriate divisional personnel (grain marketing, farm supply, credit).
- Utilize personnel within CHS and its divisions to maximize profitability
- Manage the elevator workforce through responsible training and clear job assignment definition and explanation.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2+ years in Production and/or Operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Ability to work outdoors in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to travel locally as needed – transportation is provided
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.