CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity at our Retail Country Store in Bellingham, WA. We are looking for a FullTimeStore Clerk to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing bags, picking orders, completing documentation and cleaning in the warehouse. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated and work well in a team setting.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits - 401K with Company Match & Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Provide excellent customer service. Treat customers professionally; greet customers promptly and courteously. Provide assistance to customers browsing inventory or checking out items at the counter.
- Perform cashier responsibilities including accepting payments and issuing receipts.
- Display and organize products in the store for customers to locate easily.
- Maintain the appearance of the store through dusting, cleaning and restocking merchandise on the shelves.
- Assist with ordering merchandise and tracking inventory.
- Monitor customers to assist the store in loss prevention.
- Assist with preparation of displays and promotions.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, training, personal protective equipment procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Knowledge of Retail and/or Retail Merchandising and Customer Service
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to customers and coworkers
- Basic math and computer skills to operate store equipment such as, but not limited to, cash register, time and record keeping computer systems
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, bend and lift up to 55 lbs repeatedly
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.