CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity at our Bellingham, WA, Retail Country Store. We are looking for a Full Time Assistant Store Manager to assist the manager with the responsibility of all aspects of the store operations. You must have excellent customer service and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ensure an excellent level of customer service and store standards are maintained.
- Perform shift and daily paper work, conduct banking functions, and place orders.
- Be able to multitask in order to help store associates with all aspects of their job duties.
- Assist with the hiring, supervising and working with the staff to accomplish daily tasks as well as provide continued training and documentation of incidents as necessary.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 plus years of retail experience
- Retail management experience
- Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending, climbing stairs and lifting up to 55 lbs. repeatedly
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.