CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. a $33B global enterprise has an exciting opportunity within our terminal operations organization in Myrtle Grove, LA. The Senior Manager, Operations is responsible for management of operations supervisory staff, accountability for the facilities' operational performance, and translating business strategy into day-to-day delivery. In addition, the Senior Manager, Operations will play a key role in leading continuous improvement efforts to drive value for the organization.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Strong emphasis on coaching, influencing and directing others. Provide guidance and support for training on critical safety programs and achieve objectives through people management, organizational development, and employee engagement.
- Collaborate to maximize plant productivity, safety, regulations, and purchasing to meet Supply & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Sales & Operations Execution (S&OE) volume, processing efficiency, product quality, customer satisfaction, and operating expense goals to maximize CHS profitability.
- Lead implementation of process and system improvements as required to support business objectives.
- Linking Lean activities to the business objectives, developing a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team and partnering with key stakeholders to identify, lead, and execute 6S improvement projects from conception through completion.
- Assist location manager with income/expense P&L budget projections and CapEx plan. Develop and execute business and strategy plans.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience working in Terminal Operations, Supply Chain or Engineering
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Manufacturing, Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Statistics, or a related field is preferred.
- Labor Union experience
- LEAN Sensi Certification
- Previous experience managing large scale projects and budgets
- Lift/Carry: 11-20 lbs.
- Push/Pull 11-20 lbs.
- Movement: Occasionally Climb Stairs/Ladders, walk on uneven walking surfaces
- Environment: Indoor and outdoor work environment, fluctuating temperatures/humidity.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.