CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our AG Business Division within the Terminal Operations group. We are looking for a Millwright who will have the general responsibility of the Maintenance and Mechanical up-keep of all Industrial Machines of the plant, to include but not limited to, greasing, preventive maintenance and proper documentation of all mechanical equipment repairs performed at the site.
- Responsible for making frequent mechanical checks on frequently used machinery, new construction, concrete work, welding and Rolling Stock Equipment care.
- Perform Pipe/Plate/Beam Fabrication.
- Properly using Millwright Tools and Instruments and have a working knowledge of their use. (Micrometer, Venier Calipers and Dial Indicators)
- Basic knowledge of all mechanical machinery.
- Millwright must be capable of determining the safe use of all chemicals he/she shall be working with, such as Cleaning Agents, Grease, Lubes, Oils, Antifreeze, Hydro-fluids, Paints, etc.
- Millwright must report, any and all, injuries to his/her Supervisor and assure documentation of same.
- Millwrights, if assigned a Radio Unit, must assure that the Unit is properly charged and returned in good working order at the end of his/her shift.
- Millwright must assist in the housekeeping duties assigned by his/her Supervisor, both in the shop or on the job site.
- Millwright is responsible for the removal of all debris when finalizing a job, whether in the shop or in the plant.
- Millwright is personally responsible for all tools issued to him/her.
- Millwright is responsible for all shop tools used on his/her work shift and the safe keeping of same.
- Millwright is responsible to assure all Lock-out/Tag-out procedures are followed, prior to commencing work on any equipment.
- Responsible for immediately reporting, any and all, work hazards.
- Millwright must respond to radio call for maintenance service during his/her work shift assignment.
- Millwright is responsible for his/her safe work area. (i.e. assuring that the floor, and/or, surface of his/her work area is not greasy, etc.)
- Millwrights are required to assist Electricians with work assignments.
- Must perform any and all duties assigned by his/her Supervisor, regardless of whether that job is a mechanical repair or not.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must be literate; High school diploma preferred to be capable of documenting performed preventive maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience as an Industrial Mechanic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Acetylene Torch experience.
- Experienced in Welding (Light/Heavy Metal). Must be capable of performing this Welding from all positions: Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead.
- Experience in Motor and Shaft Alignment
Able to lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package with benefit offerings covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.