CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS, INC. has an exciting opportunity at our Terminal in Myrtle Grove. The Manager, Production Operations will ensure all goals, objectives, policies, and procedures are followed and executed in the most timely and efficient manner. Additionally this role will help develop training programs, maintain SOPs, and focus on continuous improvement for the production department.
- Oversee production operations ensuring all goals, objectives, policies, and procedures are followed and executed in the most timely and efficient manner.
- Schedule, manage, and delegate work assignments for assigned team members, with emphasis on personal safety, food safety, sanitation, plant efficiencies, and improving productivity.
- Manage the orientation and training of assigned team members. Effectively communicate and maintain high standards of quality, cleanliness and food safety regarding current laws, regulations, and CHS requirements.
- Correct unsafe acts and conditions with the emphasis on developing a high-performance safety work culture. Perform department safety meetings, inspections and accident investigations.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the union contract or work agreement to assure proper interpretation and administration.
- Maintain an effective relationship with EH & S.
- Recommend replacement or modification of existing equipment and participate in long range planning for the department. Work with engineers and other managers to develop, modify, and implement new equipment.
- Maintain effective communication with quality control, engineering, sales, purchasing, and all other plant departments to assure production objectives/results are met.
- Assure compliance with all divisional operating and safety procedures, including GMP, HACCP, and Food Safety programs.
- Communicate with sales, to manage raw product inventory and finished product inventory
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Operations and/or Production Operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Previous experience including plant construction and equipment to implement efficient operating procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of mechanical ability or aptitude
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet business demand.
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.