CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Global Grain and Processing business unit located in Annawan, IL. We are looking for a Sr. Project Engineer to plan, provide and implement engineering technology and supervision on all assigned plant projects and problems. You must be a self-starter, organized, and detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You must be able to work well independently and assess problems to find effective solutions.
- Provide project management support and supervision to construction crews and organize each step of the construction process.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and select equipment for projects and maintenance.
- Coordinate the communication involving projects with the supervisor, engineering team (Plant, Project, Process and Controls), facility department managers, and outside consulting agencies to maintain understanding of appropriate parties.
- Champion Safety on Project both during initial design as well as during construction, report all Safety/Environmental violations as required to Site EHS.
- Projects may be up to and over $10 million in capital spend.
- Participate and Develop Best Practices on areas of Subject Matter Expertise.
- Attend all Team, Safety and Company Meetings.
- Training and Personal Development.
- Mentor and assist newer engineers with training and development.
- Plan assigned design and/or development projects by preparing engineering documents, calculations, drawings, material lists, construction schedules, operating instructions, and integrating plant controls and automation with emphasis on achieving optimum processing efficiency, reducing energy and material costs and adhering to safety requirements.
- Research and properly evaluate the most cost-effective repairs/improvements while resulting in maximum efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and assist with Production issues as assigned.
- Provide technical support for plant utilities systems – Steam/Boiler, cooling, electrical, etc.
- Participate as assigned in Plant Maintenance Shutdown Activities.
- Maintain accurate documentation on repairs/improvements and equipment to ensure proper capitalization, depreciation, and maintenance schedules.
- Champion continuous improvement and Lean initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Agricultural, Civil, Electrical, Biosystems Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Engineering and/or Process Engineering
- Experience working in agricultural or commodity processing environment
- PMP Training or Certification
- Lean Training or Certification
- Extensive experience with contracts, budgets, and compliance
- Experience with Design/Build contracts
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Work may be required on weekends and holidays as required/assigned
- Up to 10% travel may be required
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.