CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
- Under general supervision, operate machinery and equipment of a processing facility. Responsible for product quality, meeting safety requirements, and throughput in the assigned area.
- Conduct continuous inspections, monitor equipment, record operating parameters of key process points and make necessary machinery and equipment adjusments to ensure specifications and production targets are met.
- Ensure effective implementation of QA policies and procedures, complete required sampling and testing of process streams, and understand and interpret QA results and take appropriate action when required.
- Comply with and implement all regulations and requirements including completion of necessary record keeping.
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance and equipment as required.
- Responsible for housekeeping, sanitation schedule, and general appearance of the assigned work area.
- Load and unload products from/to truck and rail and carry materials.
- Monitor, maintain and care for all issued tools.
- Successfully complete initial, ongoing and supplemental training.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Work together with co-workers in a professional manner to support overall plant operations, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to support operations.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Operations and/or Production Operations
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time, as well as in confined spaces and in hazardous environments.
- Ability to spend long periods of time being on your feet including walking, standing and climbing steps and ladders, and work at heights up to 120 ft.
- Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear all required protective equipment which may include respirators, hard hats, and eye and hearing protection.
- Ability to use both automated and manual tools and equipment.
- Ability to shovel, sweep, load, unload, lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs frequently
- Ability to work in noisy ,dusty, and all weather conditions
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.