CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an individual to join our Operations team working as an Agronomy Operations Specialist in Alma, NE. You will assist patrons in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the coop. You must have the ability to adapt, think and make decisions quickly; have a pleasant attitude, be helpful, and customer focused.
- Operate heavy machinery to load and unload bulk fertilizer and grain products for suppliers and customers.
- Adhere to all company safety regulations.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of plant equipment as directed.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions as needed to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Blend product as prescribed and/or generate blends.
- Load and unload products from railcars or trucks.
- Conduct regular house-cleaning duties, processes and record keeping.
- Maintain and keep records on all equipment including legs, conveyors, cleaners, vehicles and all other facility equipment.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory and blended product.
- Regulate and periodic housecleaning processes and record keeping.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years in Production and/or Operations
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to work long hours to meet business demands
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Farming background
- Experience and knowledge of Agronomy products
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.