CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an individual to join our Alma team in the research department working as a Grain Elevator Operator. You will assist team members in a professional manner and promote a positive image of CHS. You must have the ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Acknowledge patrons and assist them in the appropriate area of operation in a courteous and professional manner.
- Carry out assigned responsibilities promptly and efficiently.
- Complete all safety reports and required record keeping.
- Conduct regular house-cleaning duties, processes and record keeping. Provide excellent customer service and assist customers with buying bulk fertilizer, chemicals and seed as well as delivering of grain commodities to the terminal.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, and others to customer sites.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of commodities handled, work environment and develop safe work habits. Follow all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Keep good housekeeping of working area at all times.
- Keep work area and grounds neat and clean.
- Load and unload products from trucks in a timely manner as they come into the business. Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient operation. Perform housekeeping to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe work environment, both inside and outside of all facilities. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Perform sunflower stand counts and quality evaluations.
- Perform warehouse work to include: driving loader, loading inventory, forklift, mechanics, general maintenance, etc.
- Promptly report to supervisor any customer complaints, repair, maintenance needs and safety concerns.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers with buying bulk fertilizer, chemicals and seed as well as delivery of grain commodities to the terminal.
- Provide management with input on improving efficiency of operation and profitability. Unload grain commodities as they are received. Verify proper working order of equipment and supporting vehicles.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to work outdoors in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to travel locally as needed – transportation is provided
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.