CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
- Coordinate compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) related requirements (state, local, and company).
- Will assist team members in work activities.
- Implementation of EH&S related plans, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct effective EH&S related training for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Conduct EH&S related audits, workplace inspections, job safety analysis, and maintain detailed recordkeeping.
- Participate in incident investigations, manage incident documentation and facilitate employee return to work.
- Communicate EH&S related requirements and expectations to other departments and personnel to ensure regulatory compliance and a safe work environment.
- Properly respond to day-to-day EH&S related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep current on all applicable EH&S related rules and regulations
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Environmental, Health, and/or Safety
- Fluent Romanian and English
- Agriculture background, facility operation, and management experience
- Understanding of construction practices and principles
- Experience in the inventory management process
- Ability to complete OSHA 30 hour construction training certification program
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Occupational Health, Environmental Health and Safety, or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position.
- Ability to climb ladders and operate equipment needed to inspect facilities
- Ability to work in dusty and adverse and changeable weather conditions
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.